Always very nerdy, sometimes a little gay.

My Blog List

Tuesday, April 14

TVCs ripping off ideas


I'm sick and tired of seeing commercials blatantly stealing ideas from movies and music videos, and have decided to start running a column which I will add to whenever I see something that offends me on the television...

ANZ Bank is currently running a TVC advertising 'putting more ATMs in more convenient places'. The commercial features a couple of workers having problems with a vending machine (which has money in place of the usual chocolate bars and packs of chips), and end up being helped by a would-be cute ATM, which comes up and kicks the vending machine with its stumpy legs.

I'm gonna say the agency either showed the client or the production company clips from Douglas Trumball's 1972 science fiction film Silent Running.

No comments:

Followers