Always very nerdy, sometimes a little gay.

My Blog List

Tuesday, November 18

Halloween on Blu-ray



After being delayed by about two weeks, and missing being available on October 31 (thanks heaps, Beyond Home Entertainment) this one finally hit the shops, and of course I picked it up immediately. The film is wonderful as always and they've ported over the John Carpenter/Debra Hill/Jamie Lee Curtis commentary from the old Criterion laserdisc (as Anchor Bay did with the Region A Blu-ray disc).

It looks terrific with one major caveat - the transfer here is inexplicably presented in 1080i instead of 1080p. Mercifully, its not too apparent apart from occasional stepping on fine details like the odd car grill or power line. Once again, many thanks to Beyond Home Entertainment. I almost feel like calling them to ask what the story is but I know I won't get anyone on the phone who has a clue what I'm talking about. Hell, I might do it anyway - could be fun.

No comments:

Followers